Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Easy Sock Pouches

What to do with old socks that are getting bad. Don’t throw them away yet. If you have socks with the heels getting thin or holes in them, I have an easy project that the children can help you with. So today I am going to show you what I do with old socks.

I cut off the heels and save the tops. Take the cut-off sock and inside it out and sew up the bottom. You can make these in different sizes and colors. I like to have different colors so I can color code them.  This is my way of knowing where all my remotes are.

I use these sock pouches for glasses, TV remotes, cell phones, soda cans and for my pens in my purse. These pouches are so easy to make and they keep everything clean and safe. With all the remotes you have in your living room I make an extra bag to hold all the sock pouches. Previously I showed you how to make a tie around waist clothes pin bag. I use the same pattern  but make the straps longer so I can tie them around the arm of my couch. This is where I keep all my remotes in the living room so I do not lose them.




Everybody has socks and the do get thin and old, so why not use them for an easy project that the children can help out with. Like I said before I do not like to waste things, so I find ways to reuse them. This is a quick and free way to use old socks. More saving ideas coming soon from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment