Monday, March 7, 2016

Stain Remover for Stainless Steel Pans

How many times have you burnt on some food in your stainless steel pans? Well, my oldest daughter decided to make a batch of popcorn in one of my stainless steel pans and did not add enough oil and burnt my pan pretty good. I tried Soft scrub and then I tried an SOS pad and it would not take out the stain. I thought my pan was ruined. So I did some research and I found an easy recipe for cleaning my burnt stainless steel pan. So today I am going to show you my burnt stainless steel pan before and after I used this recipe.

Here is my stainless steel pan my daughter burnt popcorn in. As you can see there are a lot of little black dots from the popcorn. Like I said I scoured and scrubbed and still could not get this pan clean until I tried this easy recipe.


First take your pan and put 2 to 3 inches of water in the bottom. Next add ¼ cup of baking soda and ¼ cup vinegar. Stir the baking soda and vinegar together and boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Take off the burner and let cool for 30 minutes


.
After the liquid is cooled I just took a sponge and a little dish soap and washed the pan out. With very little effort the burnt on popcorn stains disappeared. If the stain still does not disappear repeat the process over again.



Instead of using all those harsh chemicals I used things I already have at home. This recipe is easy and very inexpensive to make and use. Hope this helps with some of your burnt on stains from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment