Monday, February 15, 2016

Saving on Hair Care

How many people out there think it is way too expensive to get their hair done?  I know I do! So today I am going to give you some cheaper ways to get your hair done. As I have been telling you, I like to save money any way I can.  I like to have my hair cut every 6 to 8 weeks. Plus 2 to 3 times a year I have a permanent done. Just recently my daughter told me I need to lose the gray, so I now  I have my hair colored every 3 to 4 months. This all adds up if you go to a salon and have your hair done. So I found some cheaper and inexpensive ways to have my hair done.

 Hair Cuts


Having your hair cut at a salon can cost you anywhere from $16.00 dollars and up. If you go to cheap you get what you pay for. I’ve had really bad hair cuts down this way and you have to live with it until your hair grows out. So I found some cheaper alternatives for getting your hair cut. Try checking out your local beauty school. I have had good luck here and it cost me $10.00 dollars or under for a haircut. Plus you have an instructor watching them as they cut you hair. Another way I recently found is by asking a friend if they know a beautician that cuts hair on the side to earn extra cash. This is a great way to have your hair down professionally at a fraction of the price. When I was growing up my mother cut all or my sisters and brother hair. She did this for me until I got married and moved away for free.

Permanents


As I said my mother was a god send, she also gave me permanents while I was growing up for free. Having a permanent in a salon starts at over $50.00 dollars and up. I can’t afford this and find this a waste of money when you can have it done cheaper. Again check out your local beauty school and have your permanents done there. A basic permanent starts at $25.00. Also, try your friend’s hair dresser that also does permanents on the side for extra cash. Most cases you can save over half the price you would have to pay at a salon.

Hair Coloring


Having your hair colored at a salon can start at $60.00 dollars and up. That’s ridiculous! Again ask your friend’s beautician if she would be willing to do this on the side for extra cash. I went one step cheaper by buying my own hair dyes from the store. They are not very hard to do and I can buy one for under $7.00 dollars. I dye my daughter’s hair all the time and she does mine in return for free.
Finding ways to cut costs takes a little time and effort. But by having someone else like a friend or family member doing my hair I can save hundreds of dollars a year.


Here’s a little bonus I want to show you. Last week I bought some clothes on clearance and I wanted to show you how much I saved.


Look for those bargains and save wherever you can from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment