Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Time to Declutter

                I hope everyone had a safe and happy News Year’s Eve.  Now it’s time to start 2017 with those New Year’s resolutions. My first thing on my list is to declutter some of my drawers. How many of you have drawers where you throw things in and can’t find anything in them anymore?  Now is the time to reorganize and sort things out so you can find things when you need them.


                How many of you received a lot of boxes this Christmas, I know I have a few left yet. Take those little boxes and line them in your drawers. Sort through your junk drawers and separate things into little dishes and rubber band them together. Take your pins and place them into little bowls. Place these little odds and ends into your little boxes to keep things separated. All those little boxes really can come in handy. Instead of buying those organizers in the store use what you have already around the house. This is an easy way to declutter a junk drawer. You will be amazed at what you can find once you clean these drawers out. Using what you already have at home can save a lot of money.


                How many of you have little scraps of wood in your basement or garage? Take a drawer and measure out and make some dividers. This is an easy way to separate another drawer. I used these in my spatula and big spoon drawer. This helped me separate my serving spoons, pizza cutter, steak knives, and more. No need to buy this in the store when I had the scrap wood available for free.


                How many of you have too many dishes for leftovers, I know I do. Here is a simple way to organize all those covers. First, sort through your dishes and make sure you have a matching cover for all of them. Any extra ones throw away if you don’t use them anymore. Take a square dish and put all your square covers in one. Take another square dish and put all your round covers into this one. Separating the shapes helps keep things more organized.




                Every year at this time I go through my drawers and declutter and reorganize things. This is a great way to clean house and throw out things I no longer need or use anymore. Try finding things around the house to use as a container. This is a cheap and easy way to declutter. You don’t have to go out and buy expensive organizers when you probably have everything you need right at home. If you don’t want to throw things away, donate these items to your local Thrift Shop or Good Will Stores. Somebody out there would love to have your gently used items. Anything that can’t be given away, please recycle if you can. I hope you enjoyed some of my decluttering ideas from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment