Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Plastic Bags

                Here is a quick and easy way to store plastic bags! How many of you have a drawer full of plastic bags? I know I do! My youngest daughter early this morning was complaining about all the plastic bags stuffed into a junk drawer.
So before she went to school I showed her how I would organize the drawer and make the plastic bags easier to take out and use. This whole project took me less than 30 minutes to do and I had over 200 bags to deal with. This is one of my decluttering projects I needed to do. I also had a lot of paper bags to deal with too.

Plastic Bags

1.       First, sort your bags into small and big piles. This way when you need a bigger bag you don’t have to hunt for the right size bag.
2.       Take your plastic bags and flatten them out. This will remove the air.

3.       Next, fold your bags in half and flatten them out.

4.       Start making a pile of your folded bags. This makes it easier to grab when you are ready to roll.

5.       When you have a big enough pile of folded bag, you can start rolling.
6.       Always start from the bottom of the bag when you are rolling, your handles will always be at the top.
This makes it easier to grab a bag when you need one.
7.       When your roll starts getting big enough stop and put a rubber band around it.


Paper bags

How many of you just toss your paper bags in a drawer? I know I’m I do!
But why not declutter this drawer also. This is really easy to do. Take your paper bags and fold them in half.
Sort your big bags into large piles and small bags into small piles. Take another paper bag and place them inside. Now instead of having a pile of bags everywhere, you have 1 bag full of paper bags you can place neatly into a closet.


This is a really easy way to declutter and save space. I know people don’t always like to clean, but this took me less than 30 minutes to do. Now everything looks neat and clean without much effort. I like finding ways to simplify my life and this is just another way I declutter my house.

I hope you enjoyed my little helpful tips on bag storage from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment