Monday, January 9, 2017

Easy Potato Pancake Recipe

I thought today I would give you a quick and easy recipe I make for my husband and myself.  If you need a quick and easy recipe to make in a hurry this one you will like, My husband loves potato pancakes, but I make mine with a little twist. I don’t actually have a recipe but I will show you how I make these potato pancakes step by step.  From start to finish this recipe took less than 30 minutes to make and fry up in a frying pan.

Potato Pancake Recipe

Things you will need

1 very large potato or a big scoop of mashed potatoes           ½ cup any flavor cheese

¼ cup chopped onion                                                            1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 scrambled egg                                                                    Salt and Pepper to taste

Grater, cooking spray, frying pan, spatula, knife, and a big bowl

This recipe makes 6 four inch round pancakes.

1.       Take one very large potato or a big scoop of mashed potatoes. Peel and wash the potato.
2.       Take a grater and grate your potato and place into a large bowl.

3.       Chop up ¼ cup onion and add to potatoes.
4.       Grate up ½ cup of cheese. I used Cheddar Cheese, but any cheese will work.

5.       Add 1 Teaspoon of minced garlic.
6.       Add 1 scrambled egg.
7.       Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
8.       Mix everything together in the big bowl.
9.       Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray, so the pancakes don’t stick to the pan.
10.   Take a heaping spoonful and place in the middle of the pan. Press down to make them flat.
11.   Fry your potato pancakes on medium heat until golden brown. Flip over and fry the other side to a golden brown.
12.   Time to eat and enjoy.

When you are short on time and you want something quick and easy to make, try this recipe. You can add just about anything you want to this recipe.  I make these when I have no idea what to make because I know my husband will approve every time. Leftover potatoes can really make a quick and delicious meal. This recipe can be for breakfast, dinner or supper. I hope you enjoy my Potato Pancake recipe from Suzie Homemaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment