Saturday, October 10, 2015

Using Clothes Dryers Verses hanging clothes inside or outside

Clothes Dryers verses hanging up clothes inside or outside.! Here is another way I save money. Now that the weather is getting colder most people use their clothes dryers more, not me. Sometimes I say to myself, why buy a Clothes Dryer. The only time I use the clothes dryer is when I need something in a hurry to be dried. Clothes Dryers are such a waste of money and are very expensive to run. So today I will be showing you 3 ways that I dry my clothes without using A Clothes Dryer.

The first way I dry my clothes most of the year is by hanging them outside on clothes lines my husband put up. He took some two by fours and then some hooks to attach to the garage. String your lines in-between the hooks. If this is not an option string some lines between some trees. Why spend the extra money when the air outside can dry your clothes. I hang everything outside until the temperature starts going below 40 degrees. As long as you have a breeze outside  your clothes will dry.



The second way I dry my clothes is by hanging some lines in my basement. These lines hang right under a couple of heating registers. When the furnace starts up the air blows on my clothes. Yes, this can take a little longer to dry your clothes but much cheaper than using a Clothes Dryer. This is a nice way to utilize the heat from your furnace to heat your home and dry your clothes at the same time. I do this all winter long until spring comes. Then I can begin hanging my clothes back outside again.


The third way I dry my clothes is by using a Clothes Rack. My two girls bought me a metal Clothes Rack for Christmas three years ago and I love it. I am still using this today during the winter along with my clothes lines in the basement. I tried a wooden clothes rack but found them to be weak or cheaply made. I found the dowels were very weak and broke very easily.  So spend a little more on the metal clothes rack it will last longer than a wooden clothes rack. The metal Clothes Racks do not bend or break as easy as the wooden Clothes Racks. Just place the clothes rack in front of a furnace vent to dry your clothes.

This is just another way that I save money on my electric bill. When I hang my clothes in the house, yes it takes a little longer to dry my clothes but I enjoy the fact that I am saving money. You just have to plan out your washing schedule and when you will next need your clothes. Usually, my clothes are dry in about two days. I hope you liked my ideas on how to save money drying your clothes without a Clothes Dryer from Suzie Homemaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment