Friday, October 30, 2015

Fresh Smelling Clothes

Keeping your clothes, smelling fresh can be expensive. Most people use those expensive dryer sheets to keep their clothes smelling fresh. Those dryer sheets have so many chemicals in them that are harmful to the environment and yourself.  I know in one of my previous Blog posts I tell you I don’t like to use my dryer very much. For those of you that do use your dryer, I have a much cheaper way to keep your clothes fresher without the use of those expensive dryer sheets. Today I will show you three ways I keep my clothes smelling fresh without breaking the bank. 

1.       Making your own dryer sheets

This is really simple to make and use over and over again. Just take some scrap material and cut into little pieces, place a couple of drops of essentials oils on material and toss it in your dryer with your wet clothes. There are so many different essential oils to pick from and they are pretty cheap. My favorite essential oils that I like to use rose, vanilla, lavender and orange. When you buy those dryer sheets in the store they can be very expensive. Since I don’t like to use my dryer too much I also use these homemade dryer sheets in my drawers to keep my clothes fresh smelling.


2.       Hotel soaps

How many times a year do you stay in a hotel?  All those extra little soap that we all seem to take or get from the grandparents are great for putting in your drawers.  This helps keep your clothes smelling fresher without using a big bar of soap. Over the years, I have received a lot of little bars of soap to fill all my drawers. Just place the little bars of soap in between your clothes.


3.       Candles

Do you have a lot of candles or candles that are almost gone? Place those nice scented candles in your closets to keep your clothes smelling fresh. If you have candles that are almost gone don’t throw them away yet. Take little pieces of the scented candles and put them into your drawers to keep your clothes smelling fresh.


As you can tell I don’t like to throw things out or waste things. These are the three ways that I keep my clothes smelling fresh. Why, spend more when you can make it cheaper. The soaps and candles I already had at home. Most of the candles and soaps were given to me so they were free. Keeping your clothes smelling fresh doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. I hope you enjoy having fresh smelling clothes from Suzie Homemaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment