Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How to dehydrate and make apple and banana chips plus homemade raisins


Welcome back to Suzie Homemakers helpful tips and ideas. Hope you liked your homemade fruit roll-ups. Today I would like to continue on with more dehydrating ideas. Like I said my dehydrator gets used at least once a week. Another thing I like to make with my dehydrator is apple and banana and pear chips plus homemade raisins. My children don’t like to eat fresh bananas but when I make banana chips it’s like candy to them. I like to watch when the grocery stores have bananas getting too ripe and I buy several pounds at a time. Most grocery stores will sell these bananas at a discounted price. Watch for pears and apples to be on sale too so you can dehydrate these also. I like to buy the purple grapes to dehydrate for homemade raisins. There are so many different kinds of fruits you can dehydrate. If you ever priced dry fruit out in the store it is very expensive. Dehydrating your own saves a lot of money.I like to make my own trail mix this way and it’s much cheaper than buying it in the store. Dehydrating fresh fruit cut into pieces is another great way to save money. You can sprinkles then on your favorite cereal in the morning. Just remember that dehydrating fruit will take you most of the day. The raisins and bananas took over 10 hours to dehydrate. The apples took a little less time.
    In my short video, I will show you step by step how to make banana and apple chips, plus homemade raisins with the dehydrator. It’s easy and fun to do plus it saves you money. The whole family will love them.
Have more fun dehydrating from Suzie Homemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment