Monday, March 27, 2017

Easy Easter Bunny Decoration

                Easter is coming fast and I would like to give you a few ideas and projects to do with your children or grandchildren for Easter. How many people like to decorate their house for Easter? I know I still do even though my children are all grown up.  My husband’s Grandmother who is not with us anymore showed me how to make this cute Easter bunny made out of a dish soap bottle and scrap material and other odds and ends you probably have around your house. She was into making a lot of arts and crafts that she sold at craft fairs. The whole project took about 1 hour to make.

1.       First, you need an empty dish soap bottle of any size. Wash it out good and then put some sand of water in the bottle to make it heavy. This way your bottle will not fall over.


2.       Take a piece of paper and put your bottle on top. Trace around your bottle leaving plenty of space. When you get close to the shoulders make some arms. From the waist start flaring out, when you get to the bottom add an extra 2 to 3 inches to your skirt.


3.       Transfer your pattern to some bright colored spring like scrapes of material. Sew up your sides, leaving the bottom, and around the neck and arms open.

4.       Place the dress over your dish soap bottle.

5.       Take a round styrofoam ball for the head. Cut out a little whole in the bottom and glue it onto the stem of the dish soap bottle.

6.       Glue on ears, eyes, nose and make whiskers and glue them on. I cut out an extra piece of material and made a little bonnet with some flowers.


7.       On the skirt a cut out a little piece of lace and made an apron. I also added a little ribbon around the sleeves, apron and the bottom of the skirt.


8.       When you get to the bottom of the skirt, start rolling up your material until it reaches the bottom of your dish soap bottle. Take some needle and thread or use a sewing machine and start making little pockets for your Easter Eggs.




The only thing I had to buy was the styrofoam ball eyes and nose, the rest was scraps of material and old plastic flowers I already had at home. This project is so easy to make and very inexpensive. Why not make some of your own Easter decorations with your children and grandchildren. With all the scraps I have at home this whole project cost under $2.00 to make.  I hope you like my Easter Bunny made from an empty dish soap bottle from Suzie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment