Monday, August 6, 2018

Tutoring Options

I have a question to ask my readers today! How many of you have children or grandchildren who struggle in school? How many times have you heard your children or grandchildren say, I don’t get it or it’s just too hard. School teachers have more students to teach and the school standards have changed a lot. Common Core has now changed the way our children and grandchildren are learning. Everything is on a faster learning curve than what we learned as parents. No wonder some of our children and grandchildren are struggling in school.

How many of you have thought about extra tutoring for your children to help them out? There are a couple of tutoring places I can think of like Learning R X and Slyvan Learning Center, but these programs can cost over $50 dollars an hour and require a contract of a certain amount of tutoring sessions. This is very expensive and most parents can’t afford this.

I have an alternative solution to try that is much cheaper and can maybe help with your children and grandchildren struggles in school. Why not try a college student who is working toward a teaching degree. This would be cheaper and you can choose what you want and need on your schedule.

Today I have a guest speaker who is a college student who is starting her own tutoring service. Here is her story.


Hello, my name is Heather Schroeder and I’m the owner and founder of FIRE Tutoring Services in Appleton, Wisconsin. Everything FIRE Tutoring Services does is to raise awareness for the number of students in special education who drop out of high school. The way this is accomplished is by offering personalized tutoring services in mathematics, English, elementary general studies, and art. I’m an experienced tutor and instructional aide. I have five plus years of experience working in special education. Recently, I taught conversational English in Beijing, China. To learn more about my tutoring services visit https://www.facebook.com/FIREtutoring/ or http://www.firetutoringservices.com/. If you would like to learn more about my time living in Beijing visit my blog at http://theroadlesstraveledon.firetutoringservices.com/.

I hope this will help some of you with children and grandchildren who struggle in school from Suzie Homemaker


No comments:

Post a Comment